Third Year Outside the School

For students wishing to widen their knowledge and practice in scientific fields such as atomic or nuclear physics, acoustics, or certain energy techniques such as nuclear or oil, agreements have been signed with other postsecondary establishments (DEA at the University, Institut National des Sciences et Techniques Nucléaires, École Nationale Supérieure du Pétrole et des Moteurs, École Nationale Supérieure d'Arts et Métiers).

Supélec students follow the training given by these establishments in place of their third year at the School and obtain the Supélec Engineering Diploma as well as that given for the training received at one of these other schools.

Students attending Supélec since the first year may perform their last year of studies in a foreign university within the framework of the exchange program.

Agreements exist with numerous American, Australian, Canadian, Japanese, or European universities. In most cases, in return for a prolonged schooling, the student may also receive the diploma of the host university (see International Affairs).

During the year preceding his departure and during the whole period of his stay in a foreign country, each student is supervised by one of the School’s professors, who plays the role of tutor and advisor.

Last update : 23/11/2009